Sept 2012 – Dec 2017
Bachelor of the Arts in Digital Design
Organized designer with 7+ years of graphic design experience; Specialized in cohesive layouts, clean typography and simple illustration for marketing materials, presentation design, graphic and website design.
Joey Grable LLC
Sept 2013 – Current
Principal, Digital Designer
- Designed, strategized and produced innovative design concepts, strategic marketing materials, presentations, website interfaces, product experiences, print productions, branding identity designs, and photography.
- Built and maintained vendor relationships through networking and referrals; developed a steady customer base of new and existing clients; exceeded customer satisfaction and maintained exceptional design quality.
Surface Art Inc.
April 2019 – Feb 2020
Graphic Designer and Marketing Associate
- Led strategic design efforts for all corporate and website designs; prioritized strategic marketing goals with cross-functional teams (product, sales, distribution, and support); designed collateral using qualitative research, which resulted in contracts valued at over $1 million dollars.
- Used key analytic data and user research methodology to design responsive web pages. Tested designs with key stakeholders; maintained a product database containing 700+ product lines with over 5,500 SKUs.
- Advertised cross-platform campaigns, resulting increase of +41% Instagram, +75% Pinterest, +6% Facebook, +10.5% Twitter, and +25% LinkedIn
Seattle University Dance Marathon
Oct 2015 – May 2017
Design and Marketing Committee Chair
- Directed year-long marketing campaigns, to collectively fundraise over $250,000 for uncompensated care at Seattle Children’s Hospital.
- Developed corporate collateral for partnership opportunities; led to multiple donor partnerships – most notably, PEMCO Insurance and the Seattle University Alumni Association.
- Produced content for all social media platforms; achieved over 20% growth on Facebook and Twitter, and over 30% growth on Instagram.
Type Thursday Seattle
Oct 2019 – Current
Editorial Lead Coordinator
- Wrote copy, coordinated marketing material, and coded monthly email campaigns.
FLUX: Digital Design Exhibition
Oct 2016 – May 2017
Creative Director, Seattle University 2017 Design Cohort
- Directed creative and marketing duties among a cohort of 22 student designers; encouraged individual contribution and maintained a collaborative workflow that integrate the exhibition theme across all design aspects.
- Successfully produced a profitable design exhibition—donating over $2,000 in proceeds to the local non-profit, ArtWithHeart.org.
Fragments Literary Arts Magazine
Sept 2015 – May 2017
- Organized a team of graphic designers; planned design vision and collaborated in brainstorms; facilitated design critiques in weekly meetings.
- Achieved a systematic layout of themed content; magazine design template was adopted for future magazine publications; sold out of tickets for book launch event.
Publications & Awards
Dec 2017 – April 2018
Hand-made book design exhibited domestically in Seattle WA, and featured internationally at the Verona Civic Library, Verona, Italy.
“#DecadeofDM Marketing Campaign”
Won Best Overall Campaign award at the national Miracle Network Dance Marathon Leadership Conference.
“Seattle University Dance Marathon 2016 Brand Style Guide”
Selected feature for Miracle Network Dance Marathon’s Pacific Northwest regional newsletter.